TechnoServe Vacancies / TechnoServe Recruitment Vacancy / TechnoServe Career Portal / TechnoServe Employment / TechnoServe Jobs Vacancies.
In Today’s Dynamic Job Market, Finding the Right Career Opportunity Can Be a Challenging Yet Rewarding Journey. With Countless Industries and Companies to Choose From, It’s Essential to Focus on Organizations That Align With Your Goals and Values. One Such Company, TechnoServe is Currently Offering Exciting Vacancies That Might Just Be the Stepping Stones to Your Dream Career. TechnoServe Recruitment Vacancies
Job Seekers, Visit Our Website at [www.a2zafricajobs.co.za] Daily for Exciting Job Vacancies Across Africa. We’re Committed to Bringing You the Latest Opportunities.
TechnoServe Exploring Career Opportunities 2024: TechnoServe Director Vacancies in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
TechnoServe Vacancies 2024 : TechnoServe is a Renowned Company/Department/Agency Currently out Jobs Notification For Director Vacancy. TechnoServe Offering Great Salary For Director Vacancy Salary See on Vacancy Notification.
Brief Details of TechnoServe Director Vacancies 2024
|See on Vacancy Notification
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Not Disclose in Vacancy Notification
Check Other Profile Wise Current Jobs: Click on TechnoServe Vacancies
TechnoServe Director Vacancies 2024 Detailed Job Description
Country Director, Ethiopia
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of businesses and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
The Country Director leads all aspects of TechnoServe’s country level strategic branding and operations to achieve sustainable economic development in a cost-effective manner. This position serves as TechnoServe’s legal representative in Ethiopia and will provide overall management of TechnoServe Ethiopia, including HR, procurement, finance and operations, ensuring efficient and effective and high quality implementation of programs, compliance with all donor and local legal requirements as well as TechnoServe policies, statutory and organizational laws and regulations.
Over the past decade, TechnoServe has been working in Ethiopia to address key challenges in agricultural market systems, challenges in industries, and businesses. TechnoServe’s current portfolio in Ethiopia includes twelve active projects, which are implemented by our team of 135 full-time employees as well as over 180 farmer trainers who are from and reside in rural communities. The projects are funded by a mix of donors including bilateral donors, private sector partners and foundations. TechnoServe Ethiopia is currently focused on strengthening a variety of value chains, including coffee, honey, vegetables, as well as supporting Ethiopian agro-processors to improve quality and business practices, and supporting growth sector firms to improve business practices and efficiency in order to create more jobs. Our work actively engages thousands of farmers, hundreds of primary cooperatives, and dozens of unions and agribusinesses. TechnoServe has also built a robust network of local partnerships in Ethiopia. We partner with the Ethiopian government, farmers, cooperatives, input suppliers, agro-processors, and other public and private sector firms as well as financial institutions.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:-
Accountable for effective, efficient and compliant financial, administrative and operational functions in TechnoServe Ethiopia, and high quality execution of Ethiopia’s projects.
- Leadership: Manage Ethiopia’s Senior Management Team, currently Program Managers, Deputy Country Director and leaders of the HR, Finance and Procurement functions. Develop among staff a principled commitment to TechnoServe’s mission and build a working culture that aligns with organizational values of integrity, collegiality; foster a working environment for in-country staff that makes TechnoServe a priority destination for motivated local professionals and develop a team spirit among the staff.
- Human resources: Execute authority to: (a) Manage personnel subject to TechnoServe’s one-over-one approval process and Human Resources policy, and (b) Hire independent consultants in accordance with TechnoServe’s procurement policy; ensure timely completion of HR-related reports including performance appraisals and annual salary adjustments, among others.
- Regional Coordination: establish and maintain strong working relationships with divisional, regional and HQ teams; ensure information is shared and flows transparently within the country project team and to the regional program management team.
- Stakeholder Representation: Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in Ethiopia, including government ministries, private sector companies, business associations, and civil society organizations; securing their support as needed; represent TechnoServe Ethiopia at internal and external functions.
- Legal Compliance: Represent TechnoServe in all legal matters at the country level, and ensure TechnoServe retains and consults with qualified local legal counsel as needed; ensure that TechnoServe is properly registered in Ethiopia and complies with all local laws; establish and manage a board of directors if required. Execute agreements with local government, bilateral and multilateral institutions, and client groups.
- Finance: Review and approve expenditures to ensure compliance with country and donor budgets and TechnoServe’s procurement/finance policies; ensure submission of high quality reports and documents to TechnoServe’s HQ on a timely basis in accordance with the corporate calendar, including monthly financial close, annual and mid-year budgets; monitor burn rates on a monthly basis and course correct spending as needed and/or ensure donor and internal budget realignments are requested and approved when required.
- Ethiopia Program Oversight: Coach and supervise leaders / managers of Ethiopia’s programs for successful delivery of results; ensure timely submission of internal reports including PSRs and corporate measurement; ensure timely submission of high quality donor reports with support of the divisional back-stopping team; support country-level adaptation and use of program management tools; work with program staff to identify and address technical assistance needs in Ethiopia.
- Program Development: In collaboration with East Africa leadership and program development teams, execute a new business strategy aligned with TechnoServe’s global and regional strategies, maintain strong relationships with a wide range of donors, and develop a robust pipeline of new program opportunities to grow the Ethiopia platform and scale TechnoServe’s impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, international relations business or related field, with a minimum of 12 years of experience; or Master’s degree in economics, international economics, international relations/policy, with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- 5 years’ implementation and management experience relating to large-scale projects with responsibility for all aspects of operations.
- Experience working in developing countries, with a preference for East Africa program management.
- Significant operations experience, including experience in budget development and management; private sector experience; donor and stakeholder management experience.
Required Languages Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, including report writing and presentations
Travel Ability to travel domestically up to 20%, and internationally as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:-
- Entrepreneurial and inspirational, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain high-performing team in stressful context.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
How to Apply TechnoServe Director Vacancies 2024
If You’re Ready to Take the First Step Toward a Fulfilling Career at TechnoServe, the Application Process is Straightforward. Here’s a Brief Guide on How to Apply for TechnoServe Vacancies:
- Visit TechnoServe Website: Start by Visiting TechnoServe Official Website [www.technoserve.org].
- Explore Job Openings: Look for the “Careers” or “Jobs” Section on the Website to Find Current Job Openings.
- Select a Job: Choose a Vacancy That Matches Your Skills and Interests.
- Prepare Documents: Gather Your Resume/CV and a Well-Crafted Cover Letter.
- Complete Online Application: Follow the Online Application Process, Providing Requested Information.
- Upload Your Documents: Attach Your Resume and Cover Letter as Instructed.
- Review and Submit: Carefully Review Your Application, Then Submit It.
- Wait for Response: Be Patient While TechnoServe Team Reviews Applications.
That’s It! Applying for TechnoServe Vacancies is Your First Step Toward an Exciting Career Opportunity. Best of Luck!
TechnoServe Offers Not Just Jobs but Meaningful Career Opportunities. If You’re on the Lookout for a Company That Values Your Skills, Fosters Growth, and Encourages Innovation, TechnoServe Might Be the Perfect Fit for You. Don’t Miss Out on the Chance to Join This Thriving Organization – Explore Their Vacancies Today and Take the First Step Towards a Rewarding Career!